Tuesday, January 20, 2009

BLUE RELATED PROJECTS FROM GRANITE FALLS MIDDLE SCHOOL

















On January 27 I'll be visiting the seventh graders at Granite Falls Middle School. Yay! As you can see from these pics they've been busy with BLUE related activities. Tee Shirts, iron lungs, gravestones, and more! Thanks to Language Arts teacher, Randy Seldomridge for the photos!


I love this iron lung made from a two liter bottle!















Scrapbooks














This page features Dorothy Horstmann, an epidemiologist who moved to Hickory during our polio epidemic and who devoted her life to polio research.















And this one shows a new hospital ward under construction as the epidemic grew! The man with the gun is guarding convicts who were called in to help carry the work load.















I'm looking forward to seeing these artifacts in person!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I am so impressed with the creativity of these students. GOOD JOB TO ALL YOU STUDENTS OUT THERE!!!!!!

    I can't wait to go along on your school visit when you are here. It is going to be an exciting and learning day for me.

    ReplyDelete